MOST Repairs in 24 HRS
AVAILABLE IN CHICAGO
Call (773) 789-8417
If your DC power jack is loose, the most important step is to stop wiggling it and get it fixed as soon as possible. You can seriously damage the motherboard which is a very costly repair.
Laptop Power Jack Repairs
Does your laptop have a broken DC power jack? Our team of qualified technicians have replaced hundreds of DC jacks on all model laptops. Most repairs are done for about $100 (including parts and labor)
Symptoms of a broken DC power jack:
- The laptop only operates when you hold the DC power plug in a certain direction (DC jack is broken or loose).
- The laptop only runs on battery power (no power is getting through the DC jack).
- The laptop gets no power at all.
- The laptop will not charge the battery.
- The laptop switches from AC power to battery power intermittently due to a loose or broken power jack.
- The laptop suddenly shuts off.
- The DC jack may feel loose.
- Sparks come out of the back of the laptop when you insert the power plug into the DC jack.
How a DC jack breaks:
- The DC power jack on most models of laptops do not have enough reinforcement within the structure of the casing and motherboard to handle the stress caused by movement of the power plug.
- Some DC jacks simply fail under normal operation of your computer. After a year or two of usage, parts just come loose on certain models.
- Sometimes the laptop gets dropped and the plug jerks the DC jack loose.
- People, pets and vacuum cleaners trip over laptop power cords and break the DC power jack.
- The laptop is moved around a lot. After the DC jack is moved back and forth enough times, it comes loose.
- In some cases the DC jack was not soldered onto the motherboard well by the manufacturer.
Our team of highly trained and experienced technicians can replace your DC jack or Powerboard with state-of-the-art infared soldering equipment. Our work is Guaranteed for life.
Contact us below for more information on how we can revive your dead laptop with a new power jack.